Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for October 2011. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2011 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
October 2011 Topics
Tablet PC Articles for October of 2011
Below are the 82 Tablet PC articles for October of 2011
News of the Amazon Kindle Fire has burned less than a week, and tablet makers are already feeling the heat and lowering prices in response t
Some iPad accessories border on the absurd, like this iPad pillowcase. However, in our quest for great accessories, we simply can't ignore t
3. iOS 5 Coming with Apple iPhone 5 Announcement? 10/2/2011
Apple has planned a press conference at its California campus on Tuesday, Oct. 4. While it's near certain Apple will unveil the next-generat
The general public wasn't surprised when Amazon announced the availability of the Kindle Fire tablet, though it was struck by the $199 price
5. Kindle Fire First-Day Pre-Orders Hit 95,000 10/3/2011
A new analysis of emailed purchase receipts for the Kindle Fire estimates that sales of Amazon's low-priced tablet reached 95,000 units duri
Amazon has confirmed that its recently announced Kindle Touch 3G will only browse the web over Wi-Fi. Users will still be able to download b
7. Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet Review 10/4/2011
Lenovo has extended the vaunted ThinkPad brand to include the Honeycomb-powered ThinkPad Tablet. The Android device certainly has enterprise
Adobe has announced a new collection of mobile applications that will allow users to do graphical work on tablet devices. In addition, the c
While Samsung's WiFi-only 4 and 5-inch Galaxy Players are now set for U.S. release later this month, the 5.3-inch Galaxy Note hasn't found a
10. iOS 5 Launches October 12, Siri Voice Feature Announced 10/4/2011
Apple execs took the stage in Cupertino on the Apple Campus, where they announced the latest iPhone, the iPhone "4S", as well as "Siri". App
11. Mystery ZTE Tablet Spotted at FCC, Headed for Sprint? 10/5/2011
It appears an unnamed ZTE tablet will soon be coming to Sprint's wireless network, according to FCC documents.
As part of "Tablets in Business", we examine how, in the same way that consumer forces brought support for mobile platforms into the workpla
The internet is killing the dead-tree editions of many established newspapers. However, one app looks to preserve broadsheets, at least in d
Former Apple CEO and co-founder Steve Jobs has passed away at age 56, Apple has reported.
15. Acer Iconia A501 Review: A Great 4G Android Tablet Value 10/6/2011
The Acer Iconia A500 is getting an upgrade in the form of the new Iconia A501, which sports AT&T 4G connectivity. While the A501 is otherwis
16. Best Buy HTC Flyer Price Cut Wrong, Price Back to $299 10/6/2011
It appears Best Buy had a little mishap on its website, as the HTC Flyer was marked down to $100, but is once again priced at $299.
17. Consumers Crave Windows Tablets; Survey Finds 10/6/2011
What do consumers looking to buy personal technology want? According to one survey, 42 percent of US consumers would like a tablet that runs
18. Dell Windows Tablet Surfaces in Leaked Images 10/6/2011
A new report shows images of what's allegedly a 10-inch Windows 7 tablet from Dell.
Cloud computing, mobile applications, tablet computers and consumerization will be among the top trends and issues discussed next week when
The Motorola Xoom has a new OS, the Samsung Series 7 Slate is finally on sale, as is the Lenovo brand-name budget tablet, and eFun takes ano
In a just released note, Samsung's director of PR, Kim Titus, stated that Samsung has postponed its Samsung Mobile Unpacked event during CTI
22. What are the Best Cheap Kindle Cases and Lights? 10/8/2011
Kindle accessories are too expensive and often cost nearly as much as the eReader. Off-brand options abound, but some are just plain junk. F
23. Huawei MediaPad Coming to T-Mobile, Renamed "SpringBoard" 10/10/2011
The Huawei MediaPad is coming to T-Mobile under a new moniker, the SpringBoard.
CTIA kicks off this week, and while smartphones are the focus, manufacturers have used CTIA for major tablet launches. However, with Samsung
25. Xoom 2 Announcement May Be On the Way From Motorola 10/10/2011
Though it may not come as a total surprise, an official Xoom 2 announcement may be on the way from Motorola and Verizon Wireless, who sent o
26. Motorola Announces ET1 Enterprise Android Tablet 10/10/2011
Google Android is slowly making its way into the enterprise, and Motorola is continuing the drive with the ET1 tablet.
27. Bookeen Reveals New Cybook Odyssey eReader 10/10/2011
French company Bookeen announced a new device today, the Cybook Odyssey, which will be the first eReader to sport the new High Speed Ink Sys
28. Official Facebook App Now Available for the Apple iPad 10/10/2011
Most probably aren't aware that up until now, there has been no official Facebook app for the iPad. Seriously. The most popular social netwo
29. Samsung's Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Gets Pricing 10/11/2011
Samsung's latest addition to its Galaxy collection, the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, which the company announced a few weeks ago, has been spotted w
30. SlingPlayer Android App for Honeycomb Now Available 10/11/2011
The SlingPlayer Android app, with optimization specifically for Honeycomb tablets, has finally arrived.
31. ViewSonic ViewPad 10e Gingerbread Tablet Unveiled 10/11/2011
ViewSonic has added another inexpensive tablet to its lineup with the Android 2.3 Gingerbread-based ViewPad 10e.
32. Apple iOS 5 Now Available 10/12/2011
Apple iOS 5 is now available, and it brings more than 200 new features and tweaks, including iCloud.
33. T-Mobile SpringBoard Hands On: Great Display at CTIA 10/12/2011
Going into CTIA, who would have thought that the most newsworthy tablet launch would come from a Chinese device maker with an odd name bette
34. Apple Wins Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Ban in Australia 10/13/2011
Apple has won another case in its global patent battle with Samsung, this time blocking the South Korean company from selling its Galaxy Tab
35. Dell to Drop Android for Windows 10/13/2011
Dell has suggested that it will not look toward Android as an OS for its 2012 tablets, and instead will be focusing on Windows 8.
36. ARMOR X7 Gets Sprint 3G Certification 10/13/2011
The ARMOR X7, a compact rugged tablet by DRS Technologies, has just been approved for connectivity on the Sprint 3G network.
37. Google Docs for Honeycomb Tablets Review 10/13/2011
The recent Google Docs Honeycomb update isn't what most users would consider a dramatic leap forward. It is, however, a convenient improveme
38. Sony Bringing Movie and TV Rental Service to Android Devices 10/14/2011
Who needs Netflix? Sony has launched its own version of a movie and TV rental service, dubbed Video Unlimited, on its Tablet S.
39. Motorola Xoom Family Edition Coming to Best Buy 10/14/2011
Best Buy has announced that it will begin distributing a kid-friendly tablet with the Motorola Xoom Family Edition.
40. iOS 5 for Apple iPad Review 10/14/2011
Apple has just released iOS 5, bringing a new look and functionality to many iDevices, including the iPad and iPad 2. The big new feature is
41. What are the Best Haunted Honeycomb Halloween Apps? 10/16/2011
The following applications represent the best Halloween apps on the market, guaranteed to turn your tablet into a conduit of spooky, and som
42. How to Turn Your iPad into a Business Laptop 10/17/2011
Some classify the iPad as a media tablet, by which they mean it's a device for viewing content and not creating it. However, millions of tra
A new report claims that Apple's manufacturing partners have begun receiving orders to produce iPad 3s after a note from an analyst declared
The Motion Computing CL900 is a 10.1-inch Windows 7 tablet that delivers a rugged chassis, all-day battery life, and pen input. All of this
45. RIM Announces New BBX OS for BlackBerry 10/18/2011
RIM's BlackBerry DevCon began today in San Francisco. While the event goes until Oct. 20, the company made some of its biggeset announcement
46. HP Releases webOS Update for TouchPad 10/18/2011
HP has just released an OTA update for webOS for the TouchPad, bringing the ability to use the tablet with non-HP phones, among other improv
47. iPad Mini May Be In The Works 10/18/2011
Rumors abound that Apple may have an "iPad Mini" tablet in the works, thanks to a recent report from United Daily News in Taiwan.
48. Google Officially Unveils Ice Cream Sandwich 10/18/2011
Google offered the first official look at its Android 4.0 operating system, Ice Cream Sandwich, at a press event with Samsung in Hong Kong.
Apple announced its financial results for its fiscal 2011 fourth quarter yesterday. No surprises here however, as Apple has once again sold
50. ASUS Teases Transformer 2 Tablet in New Video 10/19/2011
In a new teaser on ASUS' Facebook page, the company briefly flaunts its upcoming Eee Pad Transformer 2 tablet.
51. Rumor: Amazon Kindle Fire Successor Months Away 10/19/2011
While the Kindle Fire hasn't even hit the market yet, a new report claims that Amazon is already working on a second tablet, which could lau
52. Kobo Announces Vox Android Tablet 10/19/2011
Kobo has officially announced its Vox Android tablet. Sporting a 7-inch, 1024x600 display with multi-touch capabilities, Kobo has just confi
53. PlayStation Store Now Available for Sony Tablet S 10/19/2011
For those of you who bought the Sony Tablet S, a PlayStation Certified device, and have been wondering when you will get access to the offic
54. Netflix Finally Comes to All Honeycomb Tablets 10/19/2011
Honeycomb is Netflix free no more as the popular video streaming service is now available for all Google-sanctioned devices running Android
55. ASUS Unveils "Transformer Prime" Quad-Core Tablet 10/20/2011
Presenting the first quad-core mobile tablet. Just a day after teasing it in video, ASUS head Jonney Shih revealed what he called the "next-
Admittedly, we requested a HELO TC Helicopter review unit just to play with the iPad-controlled chopper around the office and annoy coworker
57. Amazon Trade-In Now Accepting eReaders 10/20/2011
Amazon has updated its Trade-In program to include Kindles and other eReaders, adding to the vast selection of gadgets the service already a
58. Netflix for Android Honeycomb Review 10/21/2011
There's good news and bad news for Honeycomb tablet owners who have been waiting for Netflix. The good news? It's official. The bad news? It
59. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Available for Pre-Order Sunday 10/21/2011
Samsung has just announced the availability of its upcoming Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, with pre-orders beginning Oct. 23. The latest addition to S
60. Apple After Jobs: Can a New CEO Improve the iPad? 10/23/2011
With news that Apple missed extremely high earnings estimates in Q4 and following the iPhone 4S launch, the TechnologyGuide team reexamining
There's nothing quite like finding the perfect fit, and that's just what Samsung is striving for with the Galaxy Tab 8.9. With a screen size
62. Dell Reveals Windows 7 Latitude ST Tablet PC in Video 10/24/2011
Dell has posted a new video showing off its Windows 7-based Latitude ST tablet.
The first day of 4G World in Chicago started off quietly, but Susan McNeice, vice president of the Yankee Group, was there to kick things of
64. T- Mobile SpringBoard, Galaxy Tab 10.1 Launch Dates Revealed 10/25/2011
T-Mobile announced the SpringBoard and Galaxy Tab 10.1 at CTIA, but failed to reveal the launch date. Well, the magenta carrier is playing c
65. Mobile Tablet Shipments Surpass Netbooks in Q2 10/25/2011
A new report indicates that mobile tablet shipments surpassed netbooks for the first time last quarter.
The Apple iPad and other mobile tablets aren't merely coming to the business world; they are already here. In part two of our look at iPad i
67. What Are the Best Honeycomb Travel Apps? 10/25/2011
November and December are the most heavily travelled months in the US, owing mostly to the holiday season. So if you plan to travel cross co
68. RIM Delays PlayBook 2.0 OS Update Until February 10/26/2011
Those looking forward to the BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0 update for the PlayBook will have to wait until February, as the company has delayed t
Potential tablet owners interested in a touch-friendly mobile device that don't want to splurge $500 on a high-end product, will be happy to
70. New Amazon Kindle Review 10/26/2011
The new Amazon Kindle is smaller, lighter, and less expensive than its predecessor (the newly-dubbed 'Kindle Keyboard'). But is that enough
71. Dell Latitude ST Official, Specs Revealed 10/27/2011
Earlier this week, Dell revealed its Latitude ST tablet in a promotional video, touting all of the device's possibilities. Now we have the o
72. Nokia Planning Windows 8 Tablet? 10/27/2011
On the heels of revealing its first batch of Windows phones, could Nokia be making the plunge into the Windows 8 tabletsphere as well?
73. HP Recommits to Windows 8, webOS Future Still in Flux UPDATE 10/27/2011
HP announced that it is reversing course and keeping its PC division just months after the company announce plans to unload it while under n
74. What are the Essential Apple iPad Apps? 10/28/2011
Miles and miles beyond the "starter kit" of apps that come with your iPad, you can get practically limitless additional use from your tablet
75. Verizon System Leak Shows Motorola Xoom 2 10/28/2011
After blurry pictures of what may be the Motorola Xoom 2 Android tablet surfaced last month, a new leak from Verizon's internal system adds
76. Barnes & Noble May Reveal Something NOOK on November 7 10/28/2011
It appears something NOOK related will be coming from Barnes & Noble on Nov. 7, according to recent rumors.
77. Best Buy Now Bundling HP TouchPads with HP PCs 10/29/2011
Did you miss out on the $99 TouchPad fire sale? Hoping HP will release another batch at a deeply discounted rate? Well, there is good news a
As 2012 approaches, the first of the next generation of tablets has been revealed in the form of the ASUS Transformer Prime, complete with n
79. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Second Look Review: Apps and Features 10/31/2011
We've already reviewed the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, but the tablet has many features and apps that we only touched on previously. We decided
80. ASUS Transformer Prime Launching with Honeycomb 10/31/2011
With the ASUS Transformer Prime making its first unofficial appearance last week, more news has surfaced regarding this tablet and it seems
81. Barnes & Noble Confirms Nov. 7 Event, Perhaps Something NOOK 10/31/2011
It's confirmed, Barnes & Noble will be launching something on Nov. 7, as the company sent out invites to the media for an event that morning
More news from ASUS has arrived, with a PowerPoint slide from the company's third quarter earnings report detailing its upcoming Eee Pad str
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement