Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for February 2012. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2012 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
February 2012 Topics
Tablet PC Articles for February of 2012
Below are the 85 Tablet PC articles for February of 2012
The next generation of Office will reportedly not be in Metro style for both the x86 and ARM versions.
Budget Android tablets used to cost less than the brand name alternatives, but now tablets from Amazon and others launch at budget prices. W
A source claiming to have the iPad 3 provided photos of the code from the iBoot debug tool that reveals information about the processor and
4. ASUS Transformer to Receive ICS Update Soon 2/2/2012
ASUS announced that its Eee Pad Transformer will receive Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 (operating system upgrade) by the end of the month.
5. Sprint to Release the ZTE Optik on Feburary 5 2/2/2012
Sprint has officially announced the release of the ZTE Optik 3G tablet for direct shipping on Feburary 5.
6. Leaked Photos of ASUS TF300T Hit the Web 2/2/2012
A photo of an alleged successor of the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime, codenamed the ASUS TF300T, is now circulating the internet.
Starting today, the PlayBook is going back on sale for a limited-time offer until February 11.
Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 is Google's latest and greatest update to its tablet and smartphone operating system. While it's certainly a
9. AT&T Launches HSPA+ Huawei MediaPad 2/3/2012
Huawei announced that the MediaPad will be available for AT&T enterprise users at "varying price points" depending on their business account
AMD is looking at tablet processors, RIM is literally giving away PlayBooks and Sony had as many as four tablets in the works in 2011. Read
Earlier last week, AT&T announced that the Samsung Galaxy Note would be available in store shelves in mid-February. As of today, customers c
13. Toshiba Releases Ultra-Thin AT200 Tablet in the U.K. 2/7/2012
Toshiba releases the ultra-thin AT200 tablet today in the U.K. This same device, under the moniker "the Excite X10", will be released in the
What changes does Microsoft have in store for the next iteration of its venerable operating system?
15. Mobile App Revenue to Pass $50 Billion by 2016 2/7/2012
A report released by Juniper Research shows an optimistic forecast for the mobile app market in the near future.
ThinkPad users salivating for the Ice Cream Sandwich update will only have to wait a few more months for the operating system.
17. Google Introduces Chrome for Android 2/7/2012
Android users who love using Google Chrome on their desktops, will now have a chance to use that browser wherever they go.
18. Rock, Sing and Spin with the Best iPad Music Apps 2/8/2012
Are you ready to rock? Or maybe you just want to belt out a tune, strum a guitar or spin some beats. The iPad is a wonderful tool for creati
19. Microsoft Releases OneNote Mobile for Android 2/8/2012
Late last year, Microsoft launched OneNote Mobile for the iPad. Today, Android users are finally getting a chance to try OneNote Mobile for
With the Consumer Preview for Microsoft Windows 8 just weeks away, sources have been reporting what will be bundled as the Metro pre-install
A form of Wi-Fi that is measured in miles, not feet, launches in North Carolina. So what about New York, LA, and other major cities? When wi
22. Apple Launching iPad 3 First Week in March? 2/9/2012
Rumors now indicate that Apple will announce the iPad 3 in the first week of March.
What's a day without iPad 3 rumors? A photo of an alleged iPad 3 case shows multiple but minor changes from its predecessor.
24. Windows 8 on ARM Desktop and Office Confirmed 2/9/2012
Windows 8 on ARM will be very similar to the x86 version of the operating system, including a full desktop and Microsoft Office suite.
The Motorola Xoom is one of only two Android tablets running Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0. Considering the nearly year-old dual-core table
26. Apple Readying Apps for iPad 3 Demos 2/10/2012
With the speculated announcement of the iPad 3 just weeks away, it looks like Apple is hard at work selecting apps to show off at its events
Tomorrow, T-Mobile is having a mega sale giving away the T-Mobile SpringBoard tablet and all of its 4G smartphones for FREE!
28. Samsung Announces Galaxy Tab 2, Shipping with ICS 2/13/2012
Samsung has officially announced their first tablet to launch with Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0, the Galaxy Tab 2.
29. How to Print from an iPad or Android Tablet 2/13/2012
The iPad and Android tablets are wonderful devices for many pursuits, just not printing. While some new printers support AirPrint for the iP
30. More iPad 3 Parts Leak and Assemble 2/13/2012
Three supposed iPad 3 parts were assembled, perhaps confirming earlier spec leaks.
31. Apple iPad 3 Coming March 7? 2/13/2012
Apple will announce the next generation iPad, perhaps called the iPad 3, on March 7, according to a new rumor.
32. Apple Testing 8-inch iPad 2/14/2012
New reports are breathing life into the smaller iPad tablet rumors.
33. iPad 3 To Launch With LTE on AT&T and Verizon 2/14/2012
The Wall Street Journal has confirmed that the upcoming iPad 3 will launch with 4G-LTE capability on the AT&T and Verizon Wireless networks.
34. Samsung to Unveil the Galaxy Note 10.1 at MWC 2012? 2/15/2012
A new and larger Samsung Galaxy Note may debut at MWC.
35. Nokia Allegedly Preparing its First Windows 8 Tablet 2/15/2012
Nokia is reportedly developing its first Windows 8-powered tablet.
36. iPads Retain Value Longer than Kindles 2/15/2012
Apple leads Amazon in the depreciation race, as iPads retain value longer than Kindles, according to new numbers.
37. Motorola Tablets Getting ICS, But Some Not Until Q3 2/15/2012
The good news: Motorola tablets will receive the ICS update. The bad news: it may not happen until Q3.
38. Google May Launch Android 5.0 in Q2 2012 2/16/2012
Already had your fill of Ice Cream Sandwich? Good, because a report claims that Google is preparing to launch Android 5.0 in the second quar
39. Get the Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet for $199 2/16/2012
Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet is on sale! For a limited time only, find out where to go online for this deal (as well as the coupon code)
40. Acer and ASUS Announce ICS Tablet Updates 2/16/2012
Both Acer and ASUS announced that two of their Honeycomb tablets will receive the Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 update soon!
41. Amazon Grabs 14 Percent Tablet Market Share in Q4 2/16/2012
Amazon managed to grab 14% of the tablet market in Q4 with the Kindle Fire.
42. Huawei MediaPad Review: Great Display, But What Else? 2/17/2012
The Huawei MediaPad is a 7-inch Android tablet also known as the T-Mobile Springboard that boasts a whopping 216 pixels per inch display. Do
43. Acer Iconia A200 Gets ICS 2/17/2012
The Acer Iconia A200 has just joined the list of tablets that will be receiving an update to Android's latest OS, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
44. Amazon Kindle Fire 2 Rumored to Debut in May 2/17/2012
Although the Kindle Fire has only been out for a few months, but rumors are already swirling that Amazon is already at work on the successor
45. Is This the iPad 3 Display? 2/17/2012
It looks like an iPad 3 display panel is ready to reveal some next-generation iPad secrets.
Fujitsu, RIM and Acer made tablet news this week.
Tablets like the iPad have entered the workforce, whether IT likes it or not. With the mobile devices comes challenges, including how one ke
48. Alleged iPad 3 Pics Leak, Looks Just Like an iPad 2 2/19/2012
We must be nearing the next-generation iPad launch, judging by the steadiness of the leaks.
CloudOn's free app and web service bring MS Office to the Apple iPad. While there is no official Office app yet for Apple's tablet, there ar
50. Barnes & Noble Readying 8GB NOOK Tablet 2/20/2012
Barnes & Noble could be looking to better compete with the Kindle Fire in the form an 8GB NOOK Tablet.
51. Amazon to Release Color eInk Kindle? 2/20/2012
A report is floating around saying that Amazon has placed an order with E Ink Holdings for a color eInk eReader.
52. BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Now Available 2/21/2012
BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 is here, and it finally gives RIM's tablet a sorely-needed native email app.
Pics of a purported iPad 3 case are giving more credence to previous reports that the next-generation iPad will be a thicker device with a l
Sources claim that a version of Microsoft Office for the iPad has been submitted to Apple for approval and could be released in the coming w
55. 8GB Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet Official, Priced $199 2/21/2012
The bookseller confirmed the reports today announcing that they will release the 8GB NOOK Tablet.
The Sony Tablet S may be a late arrival in the crowded Android tablet market, but it certainly stands out from the pack. Can this oddly-shap
57. Is There Room for AMD in the Tablet Processor Market? 2/22/2012
It took a while for AMD to get going and cost its CEO his job, but AMD is now very serious about the tablet market. Could it find its place
One of our pet peeves at TabletPCReview is the sorry state of onboard tablet speakers. They are universally lousy. Thankfully, ZAGG unveiled
59. Toshiba Thrive Getting Ice Cream Sandwich This Spring 2/22/2012
Toshiba Thrive users will be receiving the Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS (4.0) at the end of the spring season.
ASUS has finally released the Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS (4.0) update for the Eee Pad Transformer.
61. OnLive Desktop Update Brings IE to the iPad 2/23/2012
IE comes to the iPad for a monthly fee.
62. ViewSonic ViewPad G70 to Launch at MWC 2012 2/23/2012
Sources from ViewSonic have revealed that the company will release an Ice Cream Sandwich-powered tablet at the Mobile World Conference next
63. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Android Tablet Review 2/23/2012
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 has a lot going for it, not the least of which is a stunning Super AMOLED Plus display. So we know it's pretty. B
A survey performed by TechBargain reveals that more than half of current Kindle Fire owners will purchase the iPad 3 when it is released.
65. ViewSonic to Reveal Two More ViewPad Tablets at MWC 2/24/2012
ViewSonic announced today that they will be unveiling two more ViewPad tablets at MWC.
Apple is getting rid of the 30-pin dock connector found on current iPhones, iPads, and iPods and is replacing it with a smaller "micro dock"
67. iPad 3 Retina Display Pops Up Again 2/24/2012
More leaks point to what is now obvious, the iPad 3 will have a Retina Display.
There are more smartphones rumored to debut at this Mobile World Congress than at any other in recent memory, which means tablets may play s
69. Google May Launch 7-Inch Tablet Later This Year 2/24/2012
According to sources, Google may be taking a leap into the tablet market by releasing a 7-inch tablet later this year.
The BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 update brings the PlayBook much-needed native email, calendar and contacts apps, as well as a number of new f
71. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1-inch ICS Tablet Official 2/26/2012
Samsung announced the 7-inch Galaxy Tab 2 a few weeks ago, and now it will bring a 10.1-inch version to the market as well.
That Samsung would unveil the Galaxy Note 10.1 at Mobile World Congress was a given, especially after signage promoting the large-screen And
ASUS used its time at Mobile World Congress to not only reintroduce the ASUS PadFone, but also completely rebrand its Transformer series of
Huawei is poised to make a big splash in the tablet market with its latest Android tablet, announced at Mobile World Congress 2012.
75. Best Buy Slashing iPad 2 Prices by $50 2/27/2012
Looking to pick up one of the most popular tablets on the market right now for a discount?
76. Adobe Unveils Photoshop Touch for iPad 2 at MWC 2/27/2012
Earlier today at the Mobile World Conference, Adobe released the first application from its Adobe Touch Apps suite: Photoshop Touch.
77. ZTE Announces Four Android Tablets at MWC 2/27/2012
Today, ZTE announced four Android-powered tablets to be released by the end of 2012: the PF 100, the T98, the V96, and the V9S.
78. Toshiba Excite X10 Now Available For Pre-Order? 2/27/2012
The Toshiba Excite X10, dubbed the world's thinnest 10.1-inch tablet, is now available for pre-order on FutureShop.ca.
No one can accuse ASUS of being boring. Its PadFone is an everything-and-the-kitchen-sink device that serves as a smartphone, tablet and net
80. Samsung Official Says Company Not Doing Well In Tablets 2/28/2012
While products are being revealed and announced at MWC 2012, a Samsung official made a surprising statement yesterday admitting that the com
Hiroshi Lockheimer, Google's VP of engineering for mobile, suggested at Mobile World Congress on Monday that the next version of Android OS
82. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Ship from Verizon This Week 2/28/2012
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, dubbed the world's thinnest 4G tablet, will finally be available for purchase in Verizon Wireless stores this we
83. Apple iPad 3 Announcement Officially Set for March 7 2/28/2012
It's official, the next-generation Apple iPad is poised for an unveiling on March 7.
84. Sony Tablet P is AT&T Bound, Coming Next Week 2/28/2012
Sony officially revealed the release date for their dual screen, multi-functional tablet, the Sony Tablet P.
Samsung did more than just add inches with its new Galaxy Note 10.1. It packed in an updated Memo app with formula support as well as two hi
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement