Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for August 2011. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2011 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
August 2011 Topics
Tablet PC Articles for August of 2011
Below are the 80 Tablet PC articles for August of 2011
The market is flooded with iPad 2 cases, and this week we bring you another accessory double-header; this time featuring the MyHandstand Han
2. CIO Tells the Enterprise to Get an App 8/1/2011
As mobile applications for iPads or Androids continue to thrive among consumers, it is becoming the standard for businesses to take part in
3. Skype for iPad Now Available 8/2/2011
One of the most popular online chat apps is now available for the most popular tablet, as Skype has finally come to the iPad.
4. HP TouchPad Gets webOS Update and Discount 8/2/2011
HP has just released an over-the-air update for its TouchPad tablet while simultaneously knocking $50 off its price.
5. Sony S1 and S2 Tablet Details Emerge 8/2/2011
New details regarding the S1 and S2 tablets' storage capacity, network capabilities and launch date have surfaced.
6. Toshiba Thrive Review 8/3/2011
The Toshiba Thrive is a 10.1-inch Honeycomb tablet, and hits the market with similar specs as the XOOM and other Honeycomb devices. However,
7. Motorola XOOM 3G to Get Android 3.2 Update Soon 8/3/2011
The Motorola XOOM 3G will soon join the ranks of its Wi-Fi only sibling and the ASUS Transformer, as it is set to receive an update to Andro
Google will be hosting a series of workshops designed for programmers who want to bring apps to Android tablets, in an attempt to enhance th
Samsung unveiled its TouchWiz UX overlay for Android 3.1 for its Galaxy Tab 10.1, though the dressing won't be available to the public until
10. Pandigital, Sharp Announce Android Tablets 8/4/2011
Another day, another round of Android tablet announcements. This time, Sharp and Pandigital have unveiled devices that the companies have li
Riding off the success of the Eee Pad Transformer, ASUS is planning a second generation tablet that could hit the markets this October. In a
While it was reported earlier this week that the HP TouchPad was receiving an OTA update along with a discount, it looks like the company is
LTE is slowly making its way to tablets, and should start appearing on more devices this fall. According a leaked internal Verizon document,
14. Could the Next Xoom be the Kore? UPDATE 8/5/2011
There have already been hints and rumors pointing to the next-generation Xoom, and a series of domains purchased by Motorola Mobility sugges
15. Amazon Prepares for Kindle 4 8/5/2011
With Amazon slashing prices of its refurbished Kindles, the company is gearing up for a release of a fourth-generation eReader.
While HP was slashing tablet prices, other news broke, such as Twitter creating an HTML5-based site for the iPad, Pierre Cardin offering an
17. Skype for iPad Review 8/6/2011
Apple iPad users finally have another option besides FaceTime when it comes to video chat software in Skype. Going for the low, low price of
18. HP TouchPad 4G Available for Pre-Order on Amazon 8/8/2011
The HP TouchPad, rumored for a late August release, is available on Amazon now for pre-order.
Pop quiz: What's the difference between a tablet running Android Gingerbread 2.3 with Sense and a tablet with Honeycomb 3.1 and TouchWiz? Wh
20. VIZIO Finally Launches Android Tablet 8/9/2011
VIZIO has finally launched their 8-inch Android tablet equipped with universal remote capabilities.
21. Dell Latitude XT3 Now Available 8/9/2011
Dell has officially rolled out the Latitude XT3, its next generation Windows 7 convertible tablet.
22. Amazon Launches Web-Based Kindle Reader 8/10/2011
Though Amazon initially complied with Apple's recent change to the iOS terms and removed a link to the Amazon eBookstore from the iOS Kindle
The tablet news is breaking at a fast and furious pace and it is difficult to keep up. Just like our tablet spec cheat sheet, consider this
24. EFUN Nextbook Next5 Review 8/10/2011
The EFUN Nextbook Next5 is a budget Android tablet with a seven-inch display and resistive touchscreen. At a glance, it looks slick. However
25. HP Cuts the TouchPad Price 8/10/2011
While HP teased consumers with a limited-time discount for the TouchPad on August 5, the company has decided to make the $100 reduction perm
Belkin, Logitech, ZAGG and Veyl Products have each unveiled a new accessory for the iPad and Android tablets, including a near universal key
27. Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 Available at Office Depot 8/11/2011
Office Depot has announced the availability of the Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 at the company's retail stores and online site. This 10.1-inch H
28. Acer Iconia Tab A100 7-inch Honeycomb Tab Now Available 8/12/2011
The Acer Iconia Tab A100 is now available. It holds the distinction of being the first seven-inch Honeycomb tablet to hit the market.
The Apple iPad is by far the most popular tablet with enterprise users. But that doesn't mean the Apple iPad is the best tablet for business
30. Sprint 4G PlayBook Cancelled, RIM Focusing on LTE 8/12/2011
A bit of bad news for RIM as Sprint has reportedly cancelled the BlackBerry PlayBook 4G. The BlackBerry tablet was set to hit Sprint's WiMAX
In other news this week, Samsung fights back against Apple's recent injunction, Dell kills the Streak, we wonder about TabCo, and Android ta
What's an SMB to do with the iPad? Proper file management often requires a large and dedicated IT staff, something many SMBs lack. Enter mob
33. Google Buys Motorola Mobility 8/15/2011
Google has announced that it has acquired Motorola Mobility, makers of Android devices, including the Xoom tablet and numerous Droid smartph
34. ASUS Sets September Launch for Eee Pad Slider 8/15/2011
ASUS unveils official page for Eee Pad Slider, confirming a September release for the slate.
The curtain has come off the mysterious TabCo and its equally mysterious tablet. At an unveiling today, TabCo revealed itself as a parody co
36. Barnes & Noble Pushing eTextbooks for Back to School 8/15/2011
Barnes & Noble wants students to know the book seller has eTextbooks.
37. Cut the Rope: Experiments for iPad Review 8/16/2011
Fans of "Cut the Rope" finally have a proper successor in the recently-released Cut the Rope: Experiments. Featuring 75 new levels, new game
38. Rumor: Supply Strain Hindering Apple iPad 3 Launch 8/16/2011
While rumors of an iPad 3 set for a late 2011 launch have been mounting for months, it appears the high-DPI screen tablet will be delayed (i
39. ViewSonic Unveils ViewPad 10pro 8/16/2011
A new dual-OS tablet from ViewSonic will become available later this month.
40. Best Buy Stuck with a Pile of TouchPads 8/17/2011
Even after a $100 price cut, the HP TouchPad is not selling well, especially at the technology retailer Best Buy.
41. Lenovo IdeaPad K1 Review 8/17/2011
The Lenovo IdeaPad K1 Honeycomb tablet is the first of its kind to support Netflix. In addition, Lenovo significantly tweaked the operating
While limited details have been revealed about the upcoming ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2, new reports all but confirm that the tablet will com
43. Griffin Unleashes iPad Controlled Helicopter 8/17/2011
Add "fly a chopper" to the growing list of things you can do with an iPad, thanks to Griffin's new HELO TC helicopter.
44. HP TouchPad 64GB Invades France 8/18/2011
The HP TouchPad 64GB is coming to France, the HP website confirms. News of the slate came when an advertisement promoting the device appeare
45. HP Kills TouchPad and webOS Smartphones 8/18/2011
HP today announced that it will stop making webOS devices, including the TouchPad tablets and webOS smartphones. The move comes just days af
46. HP Decision to Bury TouchPad: A Grave Error? 8/19/2011
Oh HP TouchPad, we hardly knew ye. Seriously, you were only on the market a month and a half before getting the cold, quick, and calculated
47. Apple Launching iPad 3 in 2012, Suppliers State 8/19/2011
As Apple continues to look ahead of the competition, the company is working with component suppliers and its assembler in Asia for a trial p
Let the HP TouchPad fire sale begin!
49. Tablet News Bits: In Memory of webOS 8/20/2011
The TouchPad may be dead, but the tablet market goes on. In the wake of the HP TouchPad's untimely demise, other stories concerning tablets
50. Genius MousePen M508W Graphics Tablet Review 8/21/2011
The Genius MousePen M508W is an affordable option for consumers as well as semi-pro photographers and artists who want the flexibility of a
51. Amazon Can Best Apple If the Price is Right 8/22/2011
With rumors mounting daily of an Amazon tablet set for a fall release, a low-priced device could be the catalyst the Android tablet market n
ArtRage for the iPad is designed to let you use a tablet computer screen much like a real-world painting canvas. This artistic app offers so
53. Apple's Next Gen iPad Could be LTE-enabled 8/22/2011
Are you ready for a 4G iPad? The next generation iPad could support LTE on Verizon, AT&T, or both, according to a new report that has surfac
54. Wal-Mart Offering Discount on ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 8/22/2011
Evident by the hoards of people who purchased the discontinued HP TouchPad for $99 this weekend, consumers want low-priced tablets and now t
55. Lenovo ThinkPad Honeycomb Tablet Now on Sale 8/23/2011
The Lenovo ThinkPad tablet is now available for pre-order for those looking for a business-minded Honeycomb slate.
56. 7-Inch TouchPad Was Very Close to Release 8/23/2011
Reports from inside HP indicate that a 7-inch version of the TouchPad was close to release with production-ready units being tested by staff
57. Sony Set to Reveal the Android Tablet S in September 8/23/2011
After a summer of details-free teaser videos, Sony is finally ready to reveal its S1 Android tablet. The official name of the device will be
58. What Are the Best Honeycomb Tablet Productivity Apps? 8/24/2011
It's time for Android tablets to get down to business with some serious productivity. Haters can dismiss the Honeycomb slate lineup as being
Sprint customers will now have the option to pay for data access on the carrier's 3G and 4G network using the HTC EVO View on a daily, weekl
60. Rumor: Samsung to Announce Microsoft Tablet at IFA 8/24/2011
IFA kicks off next week in Berlin, and just a few days out of the event dubbed "European CES" by organizers, there is very little tablet buz
61. HTC Puccini Will be AT&T's First LTE Tablet 8/24/2011
The AT&T bound HTC Puccini tablet will be hitting markets in the near future and will be the first tablet for the carrier with LTE support,
62. Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO 8/24/2011
Steve Jobs, the man most closely associated with Apple, the iPad, and iPhone has abruptly stepped down as Apple CEO Wednesday evening. Jobs
63. Jobs Out, Cook In, But for iPad, Nothing Changes 8/25/2011
Let's be absolutely clear. The sudden resignation of Steve Jobs as Apple CEO means absolutely nothing for the next iPad, nor does it portend
Rumor has it that the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer can unofficially support Netflix thanks to a recent ASUS OTA update.
65. Samsung Readies Galaxy Tab 7.7 for IFA 8/25/2011
It looks like Samsung is building a Galaxy Tab for every size as its own Android IFA teaser app has revealed plans for a 7.7-inch tablet.
66. Sunrex vitalASC ST0713 Android Tablet Review 8/25/2011
Budget Android tablets are nothing new, but this particular Froyo-toting model from American Sunrex piqued our interest with its capactive t
An update for the BlackBerry Tablet OS is near that should finally bring integrated email and calendar apps to the 7-inch tablet, though one
The biggest consumer electronics trade show in Europe, IFA, will open its doors in Berlin on September 2. Samsung is expected to lead with a
The border between tablets and smartphones lies somewhere around five inches. Once crossed, large-screen smartphones become small-screen tab
Three weeks, three huge tablet news stories. First Google buys Motorola, and then HP kills off webOS and the TouchPad. Finally, Steve Jobs r
71. Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed for iPad Review 8/28/2011
Another driving game has arrived for the iPad in the form of Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed. So will you just be tilting your tablet back
72. Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE Coming to IFA 8/29/2011
We knew the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 would make an appearance at IFA later this week, but we didn't know it would come packing 4G LTE.
If the rumors are true, Toshiba isn't wasting much time in tablet product development, as the company could unveil a follow-up to the Thrive
74. Tablet Storage Limited, But Options Abound 8/29/2011
Limited internal storage capacity on tablets calls for either constant synchronizing to your computer, or external storage options. So what
75. Quickoffice HD Update hits HP TouchPad 8/30/2011
HP has finally released the Quickoffice HD update for webOS, bringing users editing capabilities.
76. TouchPad Possible Resurrection; says HP exec 8/30/2011
HP could resurrect the webOS-based TouchPad tablet computer after possibly spinning off its Personal Systems Group (PSG) into a stand-alone
77. HP to Release One Last Batch of TouchPads 8/31/2011
The TouchPad may be discontinued but it's not dead yet as HP plans to release one last batch of the webOS tablet.
With rumors of the HTC Puccini tablet buzzing for months, the slate has finally found a home and a new name with AT&T, as the carrier offici
Sony has finally unveiled details of specifics and pricing for its unique Honeycomb tablets, the Sony Tablet S and Tablet P.
80. Sony Announces World's Lightest eReader 8/31/2011
Sony has revealed a 6-inch eReader, which the company boasts to be the lightest digital reader yet, weighing 5.9 ounces.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement