Apple just released its iOS 5.1.1 update for the iPad.
The 54.4MB update includes very few iPad-specific fixes outside of data network switching, but does address a number of bugs including one that affects AirPlay. Here is a list of all of the improvements from the 5.1.1 update:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where “Unable to purchase” alert could be displayed after successful purchase
As usual, the OTA update is now available via the iPad’s settings screen, through the “General” tab, under “Software Update.”