Dell today announced the latest update to their convertible tablet notebook line with the Latitude XT2. This tablet PC with multi-touch screen offers up to 11 hours of battery life in a durable yet lightweight shell. Starting at $2,399, can the Latitude XT2 stimulate businesses to spends some extra cash?
Let’s take a closer look at the specs and find out.
Dell prioneered multi-touch technology in tablets with the Latitude XT and we’re happy to see the evolution of these multi-touch capabilities in the Latitude XT2. Users can use natural gestures like a pinch or tap for scrolling, panning, rotating and zooming … and these gestures work with the productivity applications businesses use every day. Unlike notebooks with multi-touch touchpads, the Latitude XT2 allows you to use the full real estate of the display to control your computer.
What exactly does the $2,399 price tag get you? The outstanding features include:
- Up to 11 hours, 28 minutes of battery life with six cell battery and optional 6-cell battery slice
- Daylight Viewable display that has up to 100 percent more luminance than the HP EliteBook 2730p.
- Full-size keyboard, touchpad, point stick and battery-free pen give users input flexibility.
- Combines new processor performance with a highly accurate touch surface to allow you to control small icons on the screen without drops or hangs.
- Comprehensive services options with Dell ProSupport.
Other features include:
- Improved connectivity with new LCD-based wireless antenna design.
- Enhanced hinge design for improved panel stability.
- Comprehensive security features adding Dell ControlVault and ControlPoint Security Manager.
- DDR3 RAM allows better performance and up to 5GB RAM.3
- Manageability with integration of Intel vPro and DASH 1.0 compliance.
We will have a full review of the Dell Latitude XT2 coming soon, so be sure to visit TabletPCReview.com and NotebookReview.com on a regular basis for more updates.
Full Technical Specifications (Subject to Change):
|Processors||Intel Core 2 Duo ULV SU9300 (1.2GHz) or SU9400 (1.4GHz)|
|Graphics||Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD|
|Display||12.1″ WXGA (1280X800) Standard LED Display or Daylight Viewable LED Display|
|Weight (Starting)||3.62lbs with 4-cell battery, 3.78lbs with 6-cell battery|
|Dimensions||1.0″ x 11.7″ x 8.6″|
|Battery/Power||4-cell 28W/Hr Li-Ion (standard)
6-cell 42W/Hr Li-Ion (optional)
9-cell 45W/Hr Li-Ion Battery Slice (optional)
45W AC Adapter
65W, 90W, Slim Auto/Air AC Adapters
|Memory||1GB (1x1GB on board) DDR3 1066MHz
2GB (1x1GB on board, 1x1GB DIMM) DDR3 1066MHz
3GB (1x1GB on board, 1x2GB DIMM) DDR3 1066MHz
5GB (1x1GB on board, 1x4GB DIMM) DDR3 1066MHz
|Hard Drives||80GB/120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD
64GB Ultra Performance SSD
|Input||Multi-touch screen and battery-free pen
Full-sized keyboard and dual-pointing devices
|Operating Systems||Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate
Genuine Windows Vista Business
Genuine Windows Vista Business 64-bit
Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate with downgrade to Windows XP Tablet Edition
Genuine Windows Vista Business with downgrade to Windows XP Tablet Edition
|Connectivity||Dell Wireless 1397(802.11g)
Dell Wireless 1510 (802.11 a/g/Draft n 2×2)
Intel WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/Draft n 1×2)
Intel WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/g/Draft n 3×3)
Dell Wireless 5720 EV-DOrA Mobile Broadband Minicard
Dell Wireless 5530 HSUPA/HSDPA Mobile Broadband Minicard
Dell 365 Bluetooth Module
Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
|Ports||1394, USB 2.0 (x2), USB 2.0/eSATA, VGA, RJ-45 , Audio|
|Media Bay||E-Family modular (external) media bay: 8X DVD-ROM, 24X CDRW/DVD, 8X DVD+/-RW, 2nd Hard Drive|
|Expansion Slots||54mm ExpressCard, SD card slot|
|Security Options||Finger Printer reader, Dell ControlVault, Dell ControlPoint Security Manager, TPM7 1.2, Optional Smart Card Reader (via Express Card slot through Dell S&P)|
|System Management||Intel vPro Technology’s advanced management features, DASH
Dell ControlPoint System Manager
|Environmental||ENERGY STAR, EPEAT Gold|
|Docking||Latitude XT2 Media Slice|