Thanks to one of our forum members, we reported on Gateway’s newest Tablet PC, the E-295C, last week. Now, we have official word from Gateway that the E-295C is available. The E-295C is focused more toward business users and the education sector, but Gateway will also offer a version of the product for home and home office customers, which will be named the C-140.
The E-295C includes a Wacom pen and digitizer, an optional finger print reader, next generation graphics from ATI, a 14-inch widescreen display and the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processor and chipset. It seems many colleges and universities have already jumped on board and partnered with Gateway to bring the E-295C to many of their engineering and nursing programs.
Some specs for the E-295C Tablet PC:
- Core 2 Duo T7100 1.8GHz, T7300 2GHz, T7500 2.2GHz or T7700 2.4 GHz processors
- 2GB – 4GB DDR2 SDRAM
- 60GB – 120GB hard drive
- Intel 965GM or ATI Radeon X2300 HD graphics
- 14" WXGA TFT Active Matrix display (1280 x 768)
- Wacom and touchscreen capabilities
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG 802.11a/b/g Mini-card
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Removable 8 and 12-cell batteries and a modular 6-cell battery
- 3 x USB 2.0 Ports
- VGA Port with locking screws
- Type II PC Card Bus Slot
- IEEE 1394 (4-pin)
- 7-in-1 Digital Card Reader (xD, MMC, SD, MS, MSP, miniSD and RS-MMC)
- Microphone jack and headphone jack
- R-J11 and RJ-45
These aren’t the only specs either. The E-295C can be configured pretty much to your liking. There is a lot of features and options available that I am sure will fit any user’s needs and according to Gateway it can have up to a 10.5 hour battery life. So, if you are looking for a good priced 14-inch Tablet, this may be your best bet. Stay tuned for our upcoming review of the E-295C for a hands-on look.
Pricing and Availability
The Gateway E-295C and C-140 are available now with prices starting at $1,549 and $1,099.99. For more information, customers can visit Gateway’s website.