With an October release set for its new V200 convertible rugged tablet, Getac promises consumers a device that is both sturdy and packed with a “super-fast” processor.
Within its magnesium alloy casing, the V200 will be powered by an Intel Core i7-620LM processor at 2.0GHz (MAX 2.8GHz) with 4MB of Intel L3 Smart Cache. Getac called this “the most powerful processor available in a fully rugged convertible notebook to date.”
The display will be a resistive 12.1-inch, glove-friendly, multi-touch that looks to strongly oppose glare. The V200 will weigh less than six pounds and be MIL-STD-810G and IP65 compliant.
For security, it will include a finger print reader and Smart Card reader. Additionally, Getac is promoting its new LifeSupport battery swapping system which provides users in the field with the ability to swap out a dying battery for a charged one during an approximately two-minute standby mode.
- Intel Core i7 2.0 processor (2.0GHz)
- Glove-friendly multi-touch LCD
- MIL-STD-810G and IP65 Compliant
- Shock mounted 320GB hard drive
- 802.11n WiFi
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity
- GPS and 3G-Gobi 2000 multi-band wireless (optional)
- LifeSupport battery swap system (optional)
- Weight: Under 6 pounds
- Security: finger print reader and Smart Card reader
- 5-year bumper-to-bumper warranty