The Axon Logic Haptic tablet that company claims is “your dream OS’s all-in-one” is now available for preorder for $750. According to Axon the 10-inch tablet provides users “the choice of easily choosing which OS you want to boot up to.” That’s because the Haptic is compatible with any Darwin OS, including both Windows and Apple’s OS X. Of course, Axon urges users to stick with Linux.
The Haptic specs include:
- 1.6GHz Atom N270
- 10-inch 1024×600 LED-backlit LCD
- Resistive touchscreen with stylus for handwriting recognition
- 2GB SO-DIMM
- 320GB HDD
- 1.3MP webcam
- WiFi a/b/g/n
- 3G CDMA or Verizon SIM slot
- Built-in speaker
- 3x USB, Headphone, mic, ethernet, VGA ports, card reader
- 3000mah Removable battery
On paper, the Haptic resembles an expensive netbook. Also, it will not ship with either Windows or OS X. But it might provide some expensive fun for all the tablet tinkerers out there.