A new tablet from Fujitsu has been spotted thanks to some Virginia Tech engineering students. It seems the University Bookstore has information on ordering the new LifeBook T5010 Tablet PC for this coming 2008 school year. The T5010 is claimed to be the successor to the T4220 tablet.
According to the University: The College of Engineering recommends purchasing the most current technology available. The Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 will be the only tablet available before Fall 2008 classes begin that uses Intel’s latest generation processor and chipset. The T5010 is available for preorder now to be picked up during student move in. Models will be on display in the University Bookstore during July Orientation.
Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 specifications:
- Processor Model: Future Intel based mobile platform.
- Processor Speed: 45nm Intel Core 2 processor
- Memory: 2GB DDR3 1066MHz (2x1GB)
- Screen: 13.3" WXGA LED Backlit Active Digitizer Display (1280×800)
- Video: Intel next-gen integrated graphics
- Hard Drive: 120GB 5400rpm
- Optical Drive: DVD +/- RW Double Layer
- Wireless: Atheros 802.11 a/g/n
- Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR
- Camera: Yes
- Fingerprint Reader: Yes
- Ports: USB x3, VGA out, LAN, Modem, Microphone In, Headphone Out
- Battery: 6 Cell Lithium Ion
- Weight: 4.4lbs.
- Physical: (WxDxH) 12.5"x9.6"x1.4"
- Operating System: Windows XP Professional Tablet Edition
- Warranty: 3 Years with Quality Care Accidental Damage
Fujitsu-Siemens has a link to a PDF file, which gives more information on this coming T5010 model. On page 36 of the link, it states that the "new high end LifeBook T5010, is the successor of LifeBook T4220".
Picture of page 36. (view large image)
The T5010 has a $1,999 starting price point and hopefully we will get some more information straight from Fujitsu soon. By the looks of it there will be an entry-level model as well, the T1010.
Thanks to forum member, danks88 for the tip.
Read More (TabletPCReview.com forums)