(view large image)
Xplore Technologies Corp. has announced the iX104C2DV, a new ruggedized Tablet PC model that promises to allow optimum viewablility in all environments. Using the special “AllVue” technology, this new model features a display built in several layers that reduce glare and offer clarity in virtually any lighting condition. Xplore claims the no other Tablet PC manufacturer offers such a display that is “not dependent on the lighting conditions to provide outstanding contrast and brightness, resulting in sharp images and clear text”.
Specifically Xplore Technologies states that the new screens with AllVue technology feature:
The iX104C2DV also features an active digitizer that allows finger input as well as with the standard pen.
- Intel Pentium M 733
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 or Windows XP Pro
- 10.4″ XGA “Dual Mode” digitizer
- 256MB – 1 GB RAM
- 40GB or 80GB IDE HDD (2.5″ shock mounted)
- One internal Type 1 or Type II PC card slot
- One internal mini PCI slot
- Two USB 2.0
- LAN (RJ-45)/Modem (RJ-11) combo port
- 15 pin D-SUB connector for external VGA
- Optional Bluetooth/56K modem combo card
- Microphone/Headset jacks