Estari Dual Touch-Screen Laptop Available to the Public
Estari’s 2-VU dual touch-screen laptop.
Estari’s dual touch-screen laptop is now available to the public. This laptop was only available for U.S. military use, but now for $4,350 you can have your very own. The 2-VU doesn’t have an impressive list of specs if you consider the price, but I guess if you have the money this James Bond like computer will surely bring attention your way.
Some specs of the 2-VU:
- Dual 15" XGA Color TFT Active Matrix Display (1024 x 768 resolution per screen)
- Dual Resistive Touch Screens
- Intel Dual Core Processor 1.83GHz
- 60GB Hard Drive add $95.00 for upgrade to 100GB Hard Drive
- Memory: 1024MB RAM (Up to 2048MB DDR2-533/667 SODIMM System Memory)
- Built-in Intel 945GM Chipset with up to 128MB shared Graphic Memory
- 2- USB 2.0 Port
- Capability to attach an external keyboard and mouse with integrated USB ports or through the use of wireless devices.
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Internal 802.11b/g Antennae
- Headphone Jack
- Microphone Jack
- Internal Speaker
- Intel High Definition Audio: Build in Azalia compliant audio chip, with 3D effect full duplex
- Li-Ion Battery Pack
AMD Gives More Details on Barcelona
Layout of the new AMD quad core processor, codenamed "Barcelona".
AMD recently disclosed more information on Barcelona, providing more technical details on its upcoming quad-core server processor and on how it can achieve up to an 80 percent power savings over the existing dual-core Opteron line. The new Barcelona chip will feature an enhanced PowerNow setup that allows each of the chips four cores to operate at four varying clock speeds, independent of one another and depending on load. Quad-Core AMD Opteron Processors are expected to be available in mid-2007.
Dell Laptop Auction Raises $12K for Charity
The custom-paint job on this M1710 was done by artist Mike Lavallee. (view large image)
Dell raises money for America’s Second Harvest, an organization that provides food to food banks and food-rescue organizations in the United States, by auctioning off two World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade limited edition XPS M1710 laptops on ebay. The combined bids of the winners for the custom-painted M1710 laptops came to almost $12K, all of which was then handed over to America’s Second Harvest.