New & Improved Internet Explorer Beta 3
(view large image)
Microsoft has released the latest “Beta 3” of the Internet Explorer 7 Web Browser. The new version promises better reliability and security. Specifically the new improvements in Beta 3 include:
- UI changes
- drag and drop support for tabs
- improved RSS functionality
- website compatibility
- MS Security Fixes for June (Bulletin MS06-021)
The official Microsoft Tablet PC webpage is currently featuring details and a link to download IE Beta 3. You can visit the site here.
UMPC/Tablet PC Developers – Win a UMPC
Mobile content giant Handango is having a “UMPC and Tablet PC Application Contest”. Handango says they are looking for fresh Tablet PC and UMPC software content. If you are a developer and think you got something special, you just might take a stab at this one.
There are three UMPCs available to the winning developers. Handango will accept original applications that have been ported over from Pocket PC and smartphone platforms or completely fresh applications for the Tablet PC/UMPC environments. The information from Handango is as follows:
How to get started:
1. To begin development, please visit the Ultra-Mobile PC Development Quick Start Guide.
2. If you have questions, please visit the MSDN Mobile PC and Tablet PC Developer Center or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. For ways to optimize your UMPC applications for touch and ink, check out Microsoft Sudoku.
4. Test your application in the UMPC Display Emulator.
5. After completing your application and verifying that it’s compatible with Tablet PCs and Ultra-Mobile PCs, e-mail the Handango Tablet PC team to submit your titles.
The deadline for all entries is August 31, 2006.
“Ultimate Ears” TabletPC2 Product of the Month
Getting tired of listening to those tinny built-in speakers on your Tablet PC? Linda Epstein of TabletPC2.com has chosen a special set of headphones, the Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro as the July 2006 Product of the Month. Linda recently had the opportunity to try these headphones at 2006 Home Entertainment Show that was held in Los Angeles last month.
“…to say that I was impressed by the sound quality would be an understatement. I was shocked with the sound quality as soon I heard them, but later in the day after listening to several other brands (some that were priced considerably higher than the Ultimate Ears) I was so impressed that I made a special trip back to the room Ultimate Ears was in to let them know just how amazing I thought their earphones were.”