Tablet PC Webinar this Wednesday
Allegiance Technology Partners is hosting a Tablet PC webinar. Warner Crocker from GottaBeMobile will be on the panel along with along with Trevor Claiborne of The Student Tablet PC, and Kevin Tofel of jkOnTheRun.
Here is your opportunity to ask any question about Tablet PCs and get answered by the foremost experts in the field. The panel will take all questions and will share Tips & Tricks that let you take advantage of the inking technology of your Tablet PC. This webinar is for “newbies” and “old heads”, so join us for an information webinar.
This event will be held online on Wednesday, October 11th from 2:00pm to 3:30pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
Visit the Allegiance site to register.
Compilation of Tablet PC Case Studies in Education
Lora Heiny, editor of WhatIsNew.com, has posted an exhaustive list of Tablet PC and UMPC case studies in education. The Tablet PC platform continues to gain strength in several vertical markets, including education. These studies are definitely worth a read if you want to know whether or not the platform would be good for a school you work with as a teacher or parent.
EverNote Version 1.5 Has Been Released
EverNote 1.5 is now out of beta and ready to roll. The basic version is still free, with Plus coming in at $39.95. There is a 30-day free trial for the Plus version as well. Key improvements in 1.5 include:
- Synchronization: With EverNote you can synchronize your notes between your PC and a USB drive or between multiple PCs via USB drives. This feature is available only in EverNote Plus.
- New Clipping functionality: Outlook Clipper button and ability to call “Add to EverNote” command for Outlook and Thunderbird with a right-click.
- New Drag-and-drop functionality: Drag & drop notes to select categories or between notes databases.
- Link to notes: Drag & drop notes and categories to outside applications or to the desktop or copy and paste note links into other notes – now you are able to have links to your notes everywhere!
- Send notes via IM: Drag-and-drop your notes into Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, Skype and other IMs to instantly transfer interesting bits of info to your buddies.
- Ability to open multiple databases in separate windows: The new version of EverNote allows opening multiple databases in separate windows. This is an improvement over the previous approach that replaced the current database with the newly opened one.
- Spellchecker: The new version of EverNote contains a powerful spellchecker from UltraLingua that helps to avoid misspellings and typos in your notes.
- New shortcuts: The new version of EverNote allows creating a new note by pressing the INS (Insert) key when focus is on the tape or ESC then INS when focus is on the note.
- Password protection for the entire EverNote file: New security feature (File->Properties->Create password) to establish a password that will be required to open the current database later.
- Ability to export notes into TXT and HTM formats: The new version of EverNote provides ability to export into TXT & HTML.