Panasonic has introduced the new CF-19 Tablet PC. This is the latest addition to the ToughBook series. The CF-19 has the same magnesium alloy case, sealed keyboard and ports and shock mounted screen and hard drive as the new Panasonic CF-30 notebook. The screen featured on the CF-19 registers at 550 nits of brightness, which is still excellent give the fact most notebooks you buy on the market today have between 150 and 250 nits of brightness.
Wireless options and MIL SPEC certifications for the CF-19 Tablet PC match those of the CF-30 notebook, so doodling and writing on a Tablet PC outside in a rainstorm is now doable.
The ToughBook CF-19 comes with the following specifications:
- Intel Core Duo Processor U2400 (2MB L2 cache), Processor speed 1.06GHz, 533MHz FSB
- 80GB HDD
- 512MB SDRAM standard, expandable to 4096MB
- Optional external USB Combo Drive
- Full Magnesium Alloy case with handle
- Touchscreen PC version: 10.4″ 1024 x 768 (XGA) transmissive, daylight-readable TFT Active Matrix Color LCD
- Tablet PC version: 10.4″ 1024 x 768 (XGA) transmissive, daylight-readable TFT Active Matrix Color LCD with Digitizer
- 550 Nit LCD brightness (470 Nit with touch screen) with new Low Reflection Screen Coating
- Dimensions: 1.9″ (H) x 10.7″ (W) x 8.5″ (D)
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Battery Life: 7 hours, depending on use conditions
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG LAN Connection 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth v2.0
- Optional integrated WWAN (EV-DO, HSDPA)
- Optional Integrated GPS receiver
- Security features include: 32-character Password Security: Supervisor, User; Cable lock slot; Trusted Platform Module (TPM) v.1.2 security chip, optional finger print scanner
- Touchscreen PC version: Genuine Windows: XP Professional SP2, Panasonic Handwriting, Software Keyboard, Display Rotation Tool
- Tablet PC version: Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, Display Rotation Tool
- 3-year limited warranty, parts & labor