It seems that Microsoft is sending out 5,000 numbered Vista Launch Kits. The kits mostly contain Vista launch material like DVDs, a thick Vista product guide that tells you all about Vista, a 2GB SanDisk Cruzer Mini USB drive that reads "Enhanced for ReadyBoost" and something very interesting. A 48 page brochure entitled: Windows Vista Partner Stories.
The book contains this new offering from HP called the HP Pavilion tx1000 Notebook/Tablet PC. HP’s website does not reveal much at all and there is no indication of pricing. Hopefully, we will learn more at CES.
The HP Pavilion tx1000 features a twist display for films and presentations, a touch screen to capture handwritten notes with the stylus, optional HP Pavilion WebCam, fingerprint reader and Lightscribe.
Product features include:
- 12.1 inch high-definition convertible display
- Touch screen display with dockable pen (select models)
- Fingerprint reader (select models)
- 5-in-1 digital media reader
- Altec Lansing stereo speakers
- Dual headphone jacks, one S/PDIF-capable
- HP mini remote control
- Integrated wireless WAN (select models)
- Removable optical disk drive with weight-saver that can drop weight by as much as .37 lbs
- HP Pavilion WebCam (Optional)
- Two omni-directional mics
Thanks to our friends at GottaBeMobile for the tip.