This is a smaller, more affordable version of the Surface Pro 3. It runs Windows 8.1 on an Intel Atom processor, with a 10.8-inch 1920 x 1280 display and a starting price of $499.
The Surface 3 includes a kickstand, microSD card slot, and dual cameras.
- World-class build and design
- Full-sized USB and kickstand prove invaluable for productivity
- Decent performance, all things considered
- Excellent display
- Base unit's 2GB of RAM low for a device in this class
- Win 8.1 and core apps take up too much space
- Necessary accessories too pricey
Quick TakeAlthough it has a chipset commonly associated with budget tablets and notebooks, the Microsoft Surface 3 is still a premium device that is well worth the $499 base price, even in a market awash in cheaper alternatives.
Read Our Full Review: Microsoft Surface 3 Review: Not Quite a Pro, But Premium Nonetheless